Alleged shooter in Alexander arrested

A Little Rock man — who is accused of involvement in a recent shooting in Alexander that sent two men to local hospitals — was arrested early today, authorities said.
Joshua Green, 32 — who already faces charges of tampering with evidence, hindering apprehension, and two counts of attempted capital murder from a Jan. 30 arrest in Alexander — was arrested at 3:30 a.m. today for resisting arrest and second-offense possession of a controlled substance. A passenger, Cammy Lewis, 29, of Alexander also was charged with interfering with a law enforcement officer and possession of a controlled substance.
Authorities said more charges are expected to be filed against Green and Lewis.
According to Alexander Officer Jeff Watson, Green was stopped for driving left of center at Arkansas 111 and West Azalea when the odor of marijuana and methamphetamine was noticed. When Green exited the vehicle, Watson said suspected marijuana was found in Green's front right pocket. Lewis reportedly denied having drugs, but Watson said suspected marijuana was found in her possession as well.
Watson said after Green and Lewis were taken to the Saline County jail, he returned to the Alexander Police Department to review video of the incident. That is when he discovered that Green and Lewis allegedly had stuffed a sock into the back seat of the patrol car. Watson said he later found the sock and inside was a "medium-size" bag of suspected methamphetamine, a small bag of suspected methamphetamine, a glass pipe, several individual baggies and $772 in cash.
Green — along with Jamar "Little Baby" Williams, 25, of Little Rock; Jason Harcourt, 32, of Little Rock; and John Hayes, 51, of Alexander — was arrested on Jan. 30 for a shooting incident at Violet Cove and Lindsey Drive. Police said that Harcourt began arguing with Hayes when both men began shooting at each other. Green then joined and started shooting at Harcourt, and Williams then started shooting at Green.
Authorities said that between the four of them, there were at least 15-20 shots fired, and possibly up to as many as 30 shots fired. Each men was using semi-automatic handguns at close range, but only two men were struck. Harcourt was struck with five bullets, while Hayes had only a single gunshot wound.
Hayes, Green and Williams fled the area before police arrived, but detectives, with the help of eyewitnesses, were able to obtain a license plate number that was found to be an SUV owned by Green. Williams also reportedly fled in the SUV with Green.
Alexander police found Harcourt lying in a yard, and he was transported to a Little Rock hospital where he underwent surgery to remove the five bullets. Thirty minutes later, authorities received information that Hayes was at Saline Memorial Hospital Emergency Room for removal of the single bullet.
Sheriff's detectives also took over the investigation and found ICE-methamphetamine and "several" $100 bills around the area where the shooting took place. Detectives also said that when Green was taken into custody, he had four weapons in his possession that they believe were used in the Monday shooting. Walters also told The Saline Courier that Harcourt and Williams are suspects in the shooting of a man in another county during a home invasion, which Alexander Police Chief Horace Walters said actually happened on the same day as the Alexander shooting incident.
Saline County Sheriff Bruce Pennington said this shooting was "a drug deal gone bad" and that Hayes also previously was arrested twice at that home for drug and property crimes.