'Hometown News' feature coming Sept. 7
Local news and a connection to the community is the heart of any small newspaper. Beginning Sept. 7 the Saline Courier will add a daily feature focus specifically one one of the seven cities in the county. The feature will be titled "Hometown News" and will occupy page two of the newspaper.
A new header at the top of the page will highlight the city of the day along with an icon identified to each city such as a water tower, city entry sign or street marker.
Content for the page will focus on information about events in the city for the following week, notes of importance from city government, school announcements and non-hard news items. Additionally reader submitted content will be added to raise the status of the publication to a true community interactive page. It will be your place to learn about other people in the city and to share information as well.
To make submission of material easier for county residents, we have create an email address specifically for communicating information directly to the editorial staff.
Hometownnews@bentoncourier.com is the direct conduit for submitting information, articles and/or photos to the news department.
Type the name of the city to which the information applies in the "Subject" line of the email and reporters will take it from there.
The specific day of publication for each city and the deadline dates are as follows:
• Sunday - Benton - content must be submitted by noon on the Friday before the page publishes.
• Monday - Alexander - content must be submitted by noon on the Saturday before the page publishes.
• Tuesday - Bauxite - content must be submitted by noon on the Monday before the page publishes.
• Wednesday - Haskell - content must be submitted by noon on the Tuesday before the page publishes.
• Thursday - Bryant - content must be submitted by noon on the Wednesday before the page publishes.
• Friday - Hot Springs Village - content must be submitted by noon on the Thursday before the page publishes.
• Saturday - Shannon Hills - content must be submitted by noon on the Friday before the page publishes.
Information received will be reviewed on an item-by-item basis. Items normally reserved for a classified ad or a regular ads will remain on the advertising side of our newspaper operation. However, individuals or businesses interested in placing an ad on the page should discuss the opportunity with a sales representative.
We look forward to creating a page that will be a daily favorite for our readers and, with your help, we will continue to bring "community" back to the Saline Courier.